Saturday 19 May 2012

The 7 Deadly Sins of Reading

This is a bit off topic from book reviews but I plan to also post silly things like this, and book hauls as well as reviews. The next review is on its way ('Uglies' by Scott Westerfeld) but exams have taken over a bit, so I haven't had the time to devote to writing a thoughtful review. This tag was created by  Bookishly Malyza  on youtube. 


GREED
What is your most expensive book? What is your least expensive book?

Not sure what my most expensive book is, but I think perhaps 'Inheritance' by Christopher Paolini.  Can't remember how much I paid, possibly about £12? but it retails for £18.99.  I don't tend to buy stupidly expensive books. 

The least expensive? Mansford Park I got for £1 in a charity shop, but if you want a new book,'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' and 'Quidditch Through The Ages' by J. K. Rowling were the cheapest as I got them free with the World Book Day token (but they retailed at £1, so they weren't pricey anyway!)


WRATH

Which author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Good question. This is really hard. Perhaps Jodi Picoult - I've enjoyed all the books I've read by her, but some a lot less than others. Some of the chapters in a few of her books are a bit slow and tedious. There are a lot of her books that I really loved though.


GLUTTONY
What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
Easy peasy- the Harry Potter series! Hard to just pick one, as I still read the Laura Ingalls Wilder books regularly, and 'The Lord of the Rings'.

SLOTH
What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
'Catch 22' by Joseph Heller. I own it, and I started it, but after a few pages I wasn't hooked and it was effort to read. I shall try again at some point as it supposed to be very good, though so is 'The Catcher In The Rye' by J.D. Salinger and I hated that. 


PRIDE
What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
This question makes me laugh as I don't read intellectual books usually. The books I talk about are the ones I've read and loved. I don't bother talking about intellectual ones. I can't think of an answer for this one. Perhaps 'Bad Science' by Ben Goldacre but I don't really talk about it often.


LUST
What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
In male characters I like them to be sensitive and interesting but daring. In girls, I like the protagonist to be slightly feisty and have some sort of brain, though I do enjoy the mindless beach reads where the character is rather ditzy.


ENVY

What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
I have a list as long as my arm of books I want but can't afford. If I had to pick just one... argh too hard. I just eenie meanie minie mo-ed my list, and landed on 'Leviathan' by Scott Westerfeld.


So that was the seven deadly sins of books tag! Please leave your answers in the comments. I'd love to read them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment